o celebrate International Womens' Day, I decided to write down a couple of things that I love when it comes to being a woman. This is only from my point of view as a woman. I also want to emphasize that naturally many of these things apply to men aswell.
1. It's alright to live in an emotional rollercoaster. You can cry when you're sad and it's fine if you shout out your happiness. How amazing isn't it to be expected to show feelings ♥
2. It's okay to care about how you look - Of course, it's still everybody's choice, but one of the things I really love about being a woman is how many choices there are when it comes to appearances. We have an unending selection of alternatives to choose from, hair colors and lengths to vary with, not to mention all the beauty products on the market!
( use the discount code POWERWOMEN at Adlibris to get 10% off, valid today only )
3. I get to feel feminine - I get to feel feminine and sexy and that in itself is a power I wouldn't give up.
4. Being a woman you get to experience child birth - Again, something that some opt out of or are simply unable to do so, but the female body is designed to give birth and the whole process, from feeling a life forming within to giving birth to a child, to whom you as a parent and especially a mother have a special bond is something that intrigues me a lot and hope to experience myself.
5. Many times women might be underestimated, which only can lead to dsiproving those predjudices. In comparison with the rest of the world, us nordics have it quite nice regarding womens' rights. Still we are underestimated without it being too obvious. Therefore we can act and disprove those predjudices that exist about women although there is little truth to them.